Friday, March 28, 2014

New on my bookshelf {YA}



From the title of this post, I suppose you can safely assume these are a few books I've received/bought recently and are, as I say, new on my bookshelf. 
Voila! Bon voyage! Bon appetit! On y va.



The Cracks in the Kingdom (The Colours of Madeleine #2) by Jaclyn Moriarty

Sequel to A Corner of White, I pre-ordered the American hardcover and it finally arrived! 
I can barely even fathom how much I love this series and abso-freaking-lutely every little bloody thing about it. I KNOW I'm going to love this book. You'll probably see a post about it in the next couple of weeks (knowing how regularly I post). Go read my review of the first book here. And then go read the book. 


Cracked by Clare Strahan

I won a competition by Allen & Unwin to review this ARC or uncorrected proof copy of this new YA novel by Aussie author Clare Strahan which is due to be released in June this year. I've already begun reading it and it's really interesting and quirky - I was pleasantly surprised and hopefully my review of that will be up soon. :) (This is my first ever ARC! I'm never sent those things.)
Here is its Goodreads page.


Entwined by Heather Dixon

I was watching one of Elle Fowler's "Glitteratures" on YouTube, and she's mentioned this book quite a lot - I like many of the same books she does and I'm literally always in the mood for fairytale inspired things. Always. Like, sometimes I'm really not in the mood to read dystopian, or contemporary, or paranormal, but I am ALWAYS in the mood for a fairytale fantasy type of book. :) 


Allegiant by Veronica Roth

How have I not read this already? It's been quite a long while since its release, and amazingly, I have not been spoiled! I've still not read it, and it's not at the top of my TBR list but it's close to the top and I hope I like it (at least ALMOST as much as Book 1 and 2).

2 comments:

Little Miss Becky said...

Great new goodies this week and I love the way you photographed them!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much, Becky! <3