Saturday, November 24, 2012

My American holiday reading pile!

Wheeee! 
I have finally decided on what books to take with me on my travels to North America!
I had chosen well over a dozen to begin with but then I did the math, and I doubted I would be able to finish that many in 2 months, even if I wasn't doing exciting things in amazing places. 
But then again, with travel comes a lot of waiting and sitting in airports. So maybe I would do more reading then if I'm at home? 

Anyway here's a little video showing you what I chose.


1. Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella
2. Three Wishes by Liane Moriarty
3. Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter
4. Trying War by S.D. Gentill
5. The Maze Runner by James Dashner
6. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
7. Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
8. Picnic at Hanging Rock by Joan Lindsay
9. On the Road by Jack Kerouac
10. Lonesome Traveller by Jack Kerouac
11. In the Skin of a Lion by Michael Ondaatje

In the mix I chose titles from a whole range of genres I love reading - chick lit, YA, Greek mythology, dystopian, classics - and even some travel themed books too! 

By the way, I can afford to bring this many books because I'll leave them with my parents (who live in Houston) when I come home (so I have room in my luggage for all my shopping!) and they'll bring them back for me when they come home at the end of 2013. :) 
 

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Haha I was going to say what about leaving room for shopping! Can't wait to get back into reading during the summer holidays as well woo

Anonymous said...

Ooh, enjoy Trying War and The Maze Runner- both so good! Have a fantastic time in America! x