Wednesday, February 22, 2012

new on my bookshelf


New things on my shelf this week! 


1. The Short Novels of John Steinbeck
(Tortilla Flat, The Moon is Down, The Red Pony, Of Mice and Men, Cannery Row, The Pearl)
I got this from the book depository and it's probably one of my new favourite books! I've only read The Pearl so far (as per recommended by Marcus Mumford of the band Mumford & Sons).


Check out the awesome page edges! 


2. The Lying Game by Sara Shepard
borrowed from a friend


3. The Human Stain by Philip Roth
bought from fishpond. 
I need this one for one of my english units this semester. 


4. Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by David Levithan & Rachel Cohn
bought from fishpond
I was surprised at how thin this book is - less than 200 pages! 


I don't really like how fishpond ships out their products - unlike the book depo's cardboard box packages, fishpond uses thinly protected envelopes, and I was really bummed to open my parcel this morning and find this book creased/folded/bent. It's a little annoying.


5. Beloved by Toni Morrison
bought from fishpond
I also need this one for an english unit this semester. By the way, uni re-starts next Monday! I'm excited. I get my timetable this arvo.

1 comment:

Niii said...

Hi Arielle,
I find out you blogger and Lucky me because I loved it!
congrats!