Saturday, February 11, 2012

new on my bookshelf


Guess where I ended up on Thursday evening? 
BIG W
Again. lol. My sister needed to get some makeup so we decided to go to big dub. Obviously I had to check out the book section again and managed to pick up the brand spanking new Sophie Kinsella stand alone, and yet another popular penguin. 

Then on friday, I came back from work and as I went to check the letterbox I found two brown boxes at the front door! One of them held... T H E  F A U L T  I N  O U R  S T A R S by John Green! I literally gasped and squealed. Multiple times.
The other huge box was from urban outfitters but that's not bookish news so I might blog about it on pen & pepper dreams.


I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella
I'm incredibly glad I found this, because I actually forgot that SK had just released her new stand alone novel. I recently read an awesome review of it written by Molli at once upon a prologue which got me really excited about it. Sophie Kinsella protagonists are literally the best kind. 


The Fault in our Stars by John Green
I ordered this in October last year, I think. So... that was like almost HALF a year ago. Amazon just took hella long to deliver it to me. But they did estimate that I'd get it on the 16th, and I got it on the 10th, so that's something I guess. 
I actually don't know what the book's about, but I think I like it that way. I just know that it will be amazing, because John Green is amazing, and he signed 100 000 copies (or was it 150 000?) of the first printing, and my copy is signed in a blue sharpie. (but it's not hanklerfished like I hoped and dreamed it would be)

when i look at this i slightly feel like i'm walking on air. :)



Picnic at Hanging Rock by Joan Lindsay
This is an Aussie mystery about some girls from a private school who go on an excursion to Hanging Rock, deep in the bush. Three girls and a teacher vanish mysteriously after climbing the rock, but one girl returns. However, she has no memory of what became of the others. The blurb alone sends shivers down my back! I only bought this because I wanted another popular penguin book, and Big W didn't have a very diverse range in stock. I heard this one is good though. :)

1 comment:

annaaainafairytalee. said...

I just tagged you in a book tag if you don't do that sort of thing that's fine, if you want to participate head over to my blog.
http://theperfectherald.blogspot.com/

On a side note:
This book collection is awesome, I strive to get where you are now,Picnic at Hanging Rock just went on my wishlist, can't wait for the review.

Oh and I absolutely LOVE the pocket watch, so sick. (I mean sick in a good way, maybe I should start saying rad again...)