Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Time Will Come #6 : *A WRINKLE IN TIME*


Good morning, friends of the blogosphere.

My TBR Pile is taller than this.

'The Time Will Come' is a Thursday book meme which began at Books for Company, where we pick a book we've been meaning to read but haven't got around to yet, one that's been sitting on 
our shelf gathering dust for a while...


A Wrinkle in Time
Madeleine L'Engle




I read about this one from a blog (I think it was Lauren Oliver's) that asked 'What is your favourite childhood book?' and many respondents answered A Wrinkle in Time! I'd never heard of this one, but it seemed really popular and so I picked it up at Target in the US over the summer (the Aussie 'winter'). 


Here is a little blurb-y thing: 

Meg Murray, her little brother Charles Wallace, and their mother are having a midnight snack on a dark and stormy night when an unearthly stranger appears at their door. He claims to have been blown off course, and goes on to tell them that there is such a thing as a "tesseract," which, if you didn't know, is a wrinkle in time. 

Meg's father had been experimenting with time-travel when he suddenly disappeared. Will Meg, Charles Wallace, and their friend Calvin outwit the forces of evil as they search through space for their father?

Did you read A Wrinkle in Time as a kid? 
Let me know what you thought of it! 
I can't wait 'til exams are over and I have time to devour my TBR pile.


xxa

1 comment:

Agrippina Legit said...

I keep hearing about this one! It was a favourite of one of my exes, but I never did get around to picking it up when we were together. One day!