Thursday, October 20, 2011

Modelland by Tyra Banks

Sorry for being away for so long.
I accidentally got lost in the real world, got lost trying to escape it, and failed.
You can't really escape the real world, but my mind works in fantastical ways.
At least that's my excuse for being stupid and lazy.

I had seen glimpses of Tyra's book Modelland, but I thought it was a non-fiction documentary style book about the modelling industry, or maybe a biography or something like that. But I'm so glad I pressed play on James Conran's author video for this novel because I was so pleasantly surprised to see that this is a work of fiction.
My favourite. :) Yum yum.

Take a peak at this video - I was unexpectedly inspired.

2 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

I'm SO curious about Modelland.

PS LOVE the name of your blog. It's precious.

Makes me think of Mary Poppins :)

Unknown said...

Thanks so much!
It did stem from some sort of Mary Poppins inspiration :)