Monday, August 29, 2011

Day 13 of the 30 Day Book Meme: MY FAVOURITE WRITER



Day 13 – Your favourite writer

I honestly cannot choose just one!
You guys will have to just deal with a list. Hope that's OK. :)

This is in no particular order: 

Sophie Kinsella
Jaclyn Moriarty
Liane Moriarty
Suzanne Collins
Markus Zusak
C.S. Lewis
Colin Thompson
JK Rowling
Melissa Marr
Morris Gleitzman
Ally Carter

In my eyes, what makes my favourite author are these few things. They need to have written a novel that has all of these in spades.  
  • A unique storyline that grabs me from the beginning to the end! 
  • Awesome characters (e.g. Becky Bloomwood, Harry Potter, Cameron Morgan, Katniss Everdeen)
  • Brilliant writing that makes me feel. If you make me cry, even more kudos! But that's not the hugest achievement because I easily shed tears when it comes to books, films and other pop culture. Anyway, this normally only happens when the first two points occur in tandem with this one.
That's about all I think. Front covers hold no significance, because in the long run, we readers don't spend hours upon hours staring at a pretty (or otherwise) cover, we spend that time reading what's inside! 
I do like to admire covers though but honestly, I normally only look at a cover for a few seconds and most of them don't really cross my mind. 


Day 14 – Favuorite book of your favourite writer
Day 15 – Favourite male character
Day 16 – Favourite female character
Day 17 – Favourite quote(s) from your favourite book(s)
Day 18 – A book that disappointed you
Day 19 – Favourite book turned into a movie
Day 20 – Favourite romance book
Day 21 – Favourite book from your childhood
Day 22 – Favourite book you own
Day 23 – A book you wanted to read for a long time but still haven’t
Day 24 – A book that you wish more people would’ve read
Day 25 – A character who you can relate to the most
Day 26 – A book that changed your opinion about something
Day 27 – The most surprising plot twist or ending
Day 28 – Favourite title(s)
Day 29 – A book everyone hated but you liked
Day 30 – Your favourite book of all time

No comments: